X-STRESS – STRESS AND ANXIETY MANAGEMENT IN AYURVEDA
Is stress playing a bigger role in your life than you would like it to? For most of us, the answer to that question is a resounding, YES! Stress is a fairly universal element of the modern human experience, and while some stress is appropriate, even productive, we now know that too much stress can be quite harmful, and can compromise our health physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Stress is a complex concept that has both mental and physiological components. Though most forms of stress are psychological, they trigger a variety of physiological changes. These changes include ones in the immune function, indicating a link between the stress and immune system.
Anxiety is defined as a condition where the person’s inner turmoil makes him/her react in a nervous way on the outer front. The person shows nervous reactions like pacing back and forth, repeating same actions again and again, and many more.
SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS ARE:
1. Irritable behaviour
2. Being short tempered
3. Being anxious over petty issues
3. Loneliness and isolation
1. Nervous behaviour like being too hasty or pacing around or biting nails
2. Neglecting and ignoring things constantly
3. Appetite increases or decreases sharply
4. Sleep increases or decreases sharply
5. Remains isolated and indifferent
1. General pain in body
2. May have diarrhea or constipation
3. Complains of nausea, morning sickness, or dizziness
4. Heartbeat increases or decreases
5. Frequent colds
HOW CAN AYURVEDA HELP AVOID STRESS AND ANXIETY?
Ayurvedic system of medicine is an ancient Indian system of medicine that uses the inherent power of herbs to help diseases in a natural and healthy way. We in Ayurveda believe that the body is controlled by three different energies which are Vada, Pitta, and Kappha. These energies maintain the balance in our bodies and any imbalance in these energies may disorient the body system.
The Ayurvedic herbs help remove stress and anxiety from our daily lives in a natural and herbal way. For this we have formulated X-STRESS capsules which are completely safe and help in attaining an easy, stress free life.
FIDALGO’S X-STRESS capsules contain WITHANIA SOMNIFERA (ASHWAGANDHA)
The herb Ashwagandha is believed to possess naturally rejuvenating properties to the body. All such medical issues related to fatigue, stress and weakness are beautifully relieved using this herb. These capsules are a pure Ayurvedic formulation that contains the concentrated properties of the raw herb in a small capsule to enrich the body. This capsule has worked well in cases of impotency, stress, constipation, rheumatism and many more chronic ailments. This multi-effect herbal capsule all helps reduce stress induced neurological disorders. As we all know stress, fatigue, memory and bodily weaknesses are all outcomes of unhealthy lifestyle and may result into various chronic heart and neurological diseases. To prevent such diseased state regular intake of X-STRESS capsules is a perfect solution. It is a good antioxidant. The herb has anti-inflammatory properties. Ashwagandha ayurvedic herb helps to promote overall well-being of the body and nourishes it with strength and immunity. Apart from the above, the herbal product has potential powers to nourish the brain to make the functioning of the brain quicker and sharper.
Since stress reduces the body’s immunity, nutritious diet is very beneficial in counteracting this depletion. Following the right diet for dealing with stress is also very important. In Ayurvedic terms reduce ‘rajasic’ and ‘tamasic’ foods and add ‘sattvic’ diet.
1. Avoid coffee and all other caffeinated beverages, because in high doses caffeinated substances produce jitteriness, restlessness, anxiety, and insomnia.
2. As far as possible, try to avoid carbonated and alcoholic drinks as well.
3. High-protein animal foods should also be minimized as these increase levels of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain, which are associated with higher levels of anxiety and stress.
4. Eat lots of fresh green vegetables, fruits and fruit juices.
5. Avoid white flour and sugar products, and all frozen, preserved and leftover food.
6. Include whole grain cereals – they promote the production of the brain neurotransmitter serotonin, which induces a greater sense of well-being
Ayurveda advises undergoing pancha karma for maintaining a strong and healthy metabolic rate and also to keep harmful toxins from accumulating in the body and mind. The pancha karma process involves identifying the root cause of a stress problem and correcting the essential balance of mind, body, and emotions. It is considered extremely effective to go through the process of pancha karma before any rejuvenation treatment (rasayana/herbal medicines). This helps to cleanse the body, improve digestion, strengthen the metabolic rate and also cleanse one’s thought process.
Ayurveda integrates Yoga, meditation and Pranayama (breathing exercises) to manage stress. Certain gestures called “mudra” are also helpful. Positive thinking, tidiness, clean environment and maintaining harmony at all levels is important for getting rid of stress permanently